Monday, June 05, 2006

RE: SIMSCI 05-June-2006 : Potential Short: Trade closed

Trailing stop was moved to break even point when low of 284.6 is achieved. I was tempted to take profit, however, I decided to have a perfect execution of my plan without any emotional factor. Holding on the position with nearly 0 risk involved. I would admit that, it is tough to resist temptation of profit taking. However, treat this as a challege, to resist temptation is fun. This is part of enjoyment when trading the market. I enjoy the fun of market challege. By 350pm, my position is in-the-money. I have moved my trailing stop to 285.2.
Trade was closed at 355pm with exit at 285 after seeing a positive divergence of RSI in 9-min chart and a trend line break of RSI oversold zone in 12-min chart. Again, I might be missing bigger profit, in fact I was missing out bigger profit in this trade! However, the objective here is to capture the movement caused by market sentiment and profit from it. That is my trading. Gain +0.6. Tiny but sweet.
I have put myself into the challege. I have set a target of 26 points gain in SIMSCI trading at the end of this month. I hope this is not unreasonable. I am not interested in competing, this is the fun of challenging myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gav, nice chart you have there. May i know what software it is?
Thanks.
VK

Anonymous said...

Hi VK,
I am using chart from my broker. No specific software.

Gav

Anonymous said...

Hey Gav,

I'm using POEMS. They don't seem to offer such nice charts. May I know which broker you're with?
Thanks.
VK