Monday, June 19, 2006

Charting headache: No trade today

I do not believe it. My broker just replaced their charting service which delays 2 bars. This has a big implication to my day trading strategy. I can't make a timely decision based on the delay chart. I have decided not to trade today in order to sort out the charting problem. This is a bad headache to me.
Anyway, SIMSCI is likely to be moving sideway if not profit taking after strong gain from last Friday. This can be observed first from Nikkei this morning.

8 comments:

TopTrader said...

Is this delay (2 bar delay) (24 minutes)a permanent one or just temporary one? You mean you can view live chart before this policy change?

Gav said...

I suppose this is a permanent changed. Now the chart is provided by Futuresource, and it is a delayed chart.
It was a real time chart, with delay less than 2 minutes, instead of 2 bar.

I am spending time looking for real time web based chart provider now. Please do drop me a line you have any good data vendor to recommend.

Anonymous said...

which broker did you use?

Changer said...

Which broker are you using?

Gav said...

I do not discuss and mention about broker services on my blog. So, I won't answer the question about which broker I am using.

TopTrader said...

You are smart! I heard that your broker would upgrade to live chart by August, and they are doing this now, I checked them personally.

Gav said...

Toptrader,
So you are saying the new charting service I am seeing now is actually the live chart you mentioned?

TopTrader said...

No, they have not completed upgrading yet.