Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Trading Business plan 101

I have been doing some thinking and studies over the past weeks. I had some good days and some bad days over the past 2 months. Well, I guess, I'd better figure out the details of managing the trading business while I am still in nice profitable situation rather than searching for 'holy grail' for survival after hitting losing streaks. At least, mentally, I am not under heavy stress now.
The R-multiple concept hits me well on the head. I have figured out the importance of it in order to survive in this business for long. Well, at least for now, this is the best approach that comes to my mind. I am currently following Percent Risk Model. I am not trading a million-dollar-sized account now. So, the objective now is to grow the account as soon, and as much as possible. Well said, tough job though. I am striving to improve and maintain my system with high expectancy and frequency of trade.
So the first thing in the morning is to figure out how much I am going to risk and position size to be taken for the day.
This is second thing I will be doing every morning before start of a new trading day. Basically, the idea is not to go against the trend. Some profitable movements in short term might be missed out, however, I would prefer to go along with the trend for long term survival.The time frame are only refering to intraday trend of the day. I am not looking at longer time frame like daily , weekly or monthly. This is shuold simplify my job during the trading day where I will be only concentrating on the last thing of trading - entry and exit point.
This is for my day trading business. Nothing fancy. The last thing I will say in this entry : " Hey, Don't Buck the trend - lah"
MSCI Taiwan Index Futures MSCI Singapore Index Futures
Longer term
Down
Down
Medium term
Lateral
Lateral
Short term
Up
Up
Recent High
Recent Low

No comments: