Thursday, July 13, 2006

SIMSCI 13-Jul-2006: Potential swing up

To be frank, I am pretty happy with the 3-digit loss/gain in DJ. These conditions provide force to move SG market. I hope to see an trending day for SIMSCI today, either up or down.
SIMSCI had a gap down at the opening, There is an possibility of upward swing, though it is still too early to define. After first hour of SG market , both Nikkei and HangSeng futures turn into positive territory despite negative opening. I am watching closely on SIMSCI futures.
With reviewing my past day trading performance, better performance was found when SIMSCI was experiencing better volume (i.e trading around 2,000 contracts in the first hour) or with day volume near 5,000 contracts traded. The worst performance (excluding my psychological weakness of making unnnecessary trades), was during low volume period of SIMSCI.
Of course, I am not tying my performance to volume, I truely acknowledge my psychological weakness., I am doing statistical work to find any possiblity to improve my trading performance.

No comments: